Well aren’t you in for a treat. Two posts in two days. I know what you are thinking, no, I did not farm out my baking or blogging to someone in India. I just had bananas that needed to be consumed, and I didn’t feel like eating three bananas in one sitting. It sounds counter productive and a little crazy. And anyone who knows me is well aware I am not crazy.
I have had banana bread maybe three times in my life. They were probably all pretty good, but not nearly as good as mine, this I am sure. How do I know? I just do, alright. There is something about making it yourself that makes things that much more enjoyable. New blog idea IOnlyWearClothesIMadeMyself.com . On second thought I am pretty sure I lack the time.
Well let us begin. I thought a banana bread recipe would be a little bit more in-depth then what I found out. Here it is in two sentences… Mix all the ingredients together. Put it in a bread pan and bake at 325 degrees for an hour. BLOG POST DONE. JK LOL
Just a sneak peek of what the end product looks like
And what you begin with (vodka is not a part of the recipe, kinda.)
Here is the simple recipe I conjured up out of the air…
- 1 cup granulated sugar – the white sweet stuff.
- 4 ounces butter, softened – melted to make easier mixing with the sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas – I had three bananas, so a cup and a half might be what i put in.
- 2 large eggs – farm fresh thanks to mooper.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract – don’t drink this straight.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour – I am waiting for a purpose for flour other than cooking/baking.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder – apparently not the same ingredient as below.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda – I hear it helps with the rising of the bread.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt – I had 4 different salts to choose from.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips – I lacked semisweet so I used milk chocolate.